Thursday 6 November 2014

Acting Up - Pre Production - Storyboard and Animatic

And we finally come down to the last part of my pre-production, looking through my old storyboard and comparing it to all the references I had collected over the past month, I was able to throw out a slightly more polished storyboard. I didn't think there was a need for camera angles when it came to this animation (Aside from not meddling with the model in anyway, I believe that we were told to stay away from the camera controls if we are still not familiar enough with them), and I figured if I had some time left before the final presentation and submission date, I could play around with it.


I also realised then that I really had collected an immense amount of references, while creating my animatic, I had to take out quite a number of scenes as they unfortunately did not sync well with the verse that is sung. A part of me still wants to add them in there somehow... but I don't think it would be possible as this animation is done in one whole shot, and changing one thing means changing everything else after that (Which I ended up doing while working on my animatic).

I suppose this is a good thing however as I'm still unsure over how complicated this is going to turn out for me once I start animating, what if I ended up struggling with what I have now? If I was to miraculously add this rejected bit back in, I can't imagine how many tears will be shed as I try to animate it all...
The part I sadly had to take out, note that these aren't that polished, even for
storyboard frames.
And finally... here's the animatic, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment