Thursday 6 November 2014

Acting Up - Pre Production - Some More Studies and Concepts

So I sketched out a couple more studies in how the prop should be handled, as well as the poses that are normally used by experienced bo staff and naginata wielders (Oh god I have been calling it halberd or spear this whole time...). While I had my video reference, if possible, I would love to animate some slightly more fancy looking techniques as compared to what I was able to do.


There was a really neat guide showing a wielder using the weapon as a form of support to throw his high kick, but I sort of ran out of space and so did these tiny little silhouettes instead that I could refer to if I get the chance to insert it into the animation.


And after that quick study of Moom (In a past post), I realise that I needed to see how he, the model, looks as he handles the prop, I also added in props from the other two songs I had ended up scrapping (AKA, "Shark Fighter" and "Five O'clock World"), again, I didn't want to abuse any cute, animated sharks.






I then quickly did up some background concepts (That I will let my peers and lecturers choose from during my interim crit), while it is the animation that will be the main focus, I was wondering if it would still be possible to design a nice background to enhance Moom's performance and the overall animation. And so I tried out a couple of different moods, colours palettes and locations, while also making sure that the ground was not too textured (Eg, grass) to cause any complications when modelling later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment