Tuesday 11 November 2014

Live Brief - Ohh Deer - Sketches

As I had mentioned awhile back, there was no time to lose, and so quickly, I did up some sketches based around several art styles considered to be contemporary and as well as reused some original concepts I have done in the past that I never had the chance to further expand upon... before working on the final products during the same night. 

Aside from looking through examples of what was considered to be contemporary, I did also look through the works of my competitors, wanting to see what was popular (Though I suppose that it all comes down to how many supporters you have when it comes to this competition, still however, it wouldn't hurt to take a look). 

While I do want to make sure that my designs will appeal to a large enough audience, I did not want to accidentally create something that has already been done a dozen times by others (Like photo realistic cats, owls and wolves...).

Aside from looking back to my mind maps, I was also looking through my folders of old original works that I could reuse for this project. Taking into account that they were looking for contemporary as well as the amount of time I had left, I ended up modifying some of my original ideas into something simpler, if they were originally done in a realistic looking style.


This gave me the chance to design some new characters for this series too,
which I can hopefully use for something else in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment