Wednesday 12 November 2014

Live Brief - Ohh Deer - Submission and After Thoughts


The submission process was thankfully pretty straight forward, what did however bother me was the fact that I was unable to download the mock ups that they would make of our designs (Otherwise I would have posted them up here). Getting people (Even friends and family) to vote for these designs proved to be surprisingly difficult unfortunately, no matter how many times I actually forced myself to promote my designs. I am honestly not sure whether they had difficulties doing so, or were just lazy (Sure it's easy to share... but when it comes to voting... that is apparently a whole other story).

This was actually my first time entering such a competition, and hence it was also my first time experimenting with various designs to see what would especially appeal to the site’s audience. It was also my first time constantly promoting my designs in hopes of getting some extra support, and so I needed to gather as much courage as I could when it came to sharing my designs numerous times on various sites just so I could get as many people to vote as possible.

I did feel that this was more of a popularity contest more than anything else, as only those who already had a considerably large reputation got the most votes. I also cannot say for certain what designs truly appealed to the masses (Seeing that it once again appeared to be a popularity contest and nothing more). I believe one of the winning designs was actually ink sketches of different buttocks, which was appealing in its own crude humor. And regarding the feedback I received from friends, my dinosaur piece was the most popular out of the four cushion designs I did.

While I did not do all that well for this contest, it does encourage me to enter more design competitions in the future, seeing that I had never done so until this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment