Thursday 20 November 2014

Study Task 4 - What a Dope and Study Task 5 - Making Faces

Getting super annoyed over how exhausted and ill I have been feeling lately, because I really don't have time for this, especially when there's so much work that needs to be done. I ended up taking one day off this week from BAF to work on this Study Task so that I didn't have to worry about it next week (I was especially worried that I would mess up as I headed home early that day instead of getting some guidance from my lecturer to make sure that I was even doing it right).

I almost messed this up completely when I nearly wrote down what I had heard backwards, thankfully I realised my mistake in time and quickly fixed it up on my Dope Sheet. Seeing that this was done in 12 frames per second, a lot of sounds were compressed together, so I had to pick out the most notable vowels and consonants I could hear from each one.


I was really focused on getting the mouth shapes right, and so I didn't focus on the rest of his expression until much later... I will admit that it didn't look as effective without the teeth, but man was I so stupidly determined not to ever have those teeth used in any of my Moom related assignments thus far...

You'd think that with such a simplified mouth, it would be so much easier wouldn't it? Well, not really, because I honestly found some shapes to look too similar with one another, especially when I can't use clenched teeth to distinguish one from the other. And so eventually I gave in and placed his teeth back in, and I suppose it wasn't so bad after that... Some sounds were a little harder to match to the chart I had, and so I ended up placing a small mirror beside me as reference.

For my first try, I don't think it turned out so badly, I wanted to give him a tiny bit of expression, so I messed around with a few frames after the lip syncing was done.



No comments:

Post a Comment