Wednesday 26 November 2014

Competition Brief - SYFY - Moodboards


I was still feeling rather drained and unexpired, and so I ended up drafting another mindmap in hopes of getting some ideas going in my head.

Inspiration


With some design solutions in mind, I then quickly put together a mood board to figure out some colour palettes that best represents the genre as well as some appealing art styles and designs. While most colour palettes are rather moody in tone, there is at least one dominant colour that is vibrant enough to create a beautiful contrast from all of the browns and greys, such as blue or orange. Classic sci-fi works however are considerably more vibrant when it comes to the colours that they use for their promotional items (This was probably because these shows later on were still shown in black and white, and so they had to take advantage of colour usage when promoting it).

Target Audience


I believe that sci-fi fans vary greatly from one another, and that the only thing that truly brings them together is the love for (And unfortunately their passion for it also leads to deep conflicts with one another as we have seen over the years). And so I honestly found it quite challenging to pinpoint one particular target audience when we were told to think outside of the brief. That saying, the brief simply states that its target audience are sci-fi fans aged from 18-25, I suppose I could use that as my starting point and for the time being focus on those age groups, and consider older and younger age groups later on.

I am particularly keen on researching into the cosplayers and roleplayers however, seeing how creatively they show their love for the genre by going all out with their cosplays, and of course, having fun whilst doing so.

A bit more research into the target audience will be done later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment