Thursday 14 May 2015

Food for Thought - Area of Process

There were many areas that I actually found myself enjoying throughout this experience. While my memory is rather fuzzy, I was surprised to realise just how much I enjoyed designing backgrounds (Especially since I have always been so much more focused on character designs), I feel that this could be start of something for me and I hope to improve on my background designs as I go along (As I was still struggling to fix up one of my backgrounds so that they could be made to repeat smoothly in After Effects).

While a considerably stressful aspect, I still find animating to be another enjoyable aspect, there is just never enough time to carefully work on them however, and so I find myself rushing most of the time. Still, I actually enjoyed working on certain scenes in the past few days, and especially learnt how surprisingly fun it was to do lip syncing (Making dope sheets is a whole other story however... so bless Cara for helping me out with that), as well as animate expressions (Which I can still improve so much more on). 

I still of course have a long way to go when it comes successfully applying the 12 major principles of Animation, I know this particularly animation could be better exaggerated in some scenes, but again, I was just really aiming to finish sketching all the key scenes so that we have a decent amount of new material to show for the screening tomorrow.

While I did not really get the chance to get involved in the audio editing process near the end, I did enjoy doing a rough recording for the very first animatic that we made for our pitch. And I was glad that I had the opportunity to sing for another group's project. While I maybe an amateur voice actor, I still hope to get more opportunities for this area.

You might find it surprising that me, of all people, also enjoyed writing the script for this project, after the first few brainstorming sessions I had with Anna and Cara, it did not take long to write a script that all of us actually found decent enough to be used for an animation. And I absolutely had a blast figuring out what jokes to put in and where to place them. Considering that this is actually a narrative aspect of animation, I do suppose that it is not all that surprising how much I enjoyed it...

True be told, I absolutely enjoyed everything that I did for this module, even those last minute tasks I took over for others.

No comments:

Post a Comment