Thursday 14 May 2015

Food for Thought - Sort of an Evaluation

This has been an absolute frenzy of an experience, for this module, I took up the tasks of researching into most areas (Such as the subject matter itself, sources of inspiration, title cards and sequences, animation and visual styles, etc.), scriptwriting, a little directing (Such as helping Cara out with the storyboards since it went through so many changes based on my vision and figuring out the audio itself), organising (Such as putting together the gantt chart), background designing and animating. I do not think I multitasked as aggressively as I did for this module.

Despite how incredibly heavy the workload and the little amount of time we had left, I still however enjoyed everything I did throughout, I have also gained a newfound appreciation for background designing and directing, and have also grown even more appreciative of other areas such as scriptwriting, voice acting, and of course animating.

Aside from that however, despite how the odds were against us most of the time (Due to unforeseen circumstances), I think my first time working with a group has been a rather enlightening experience. I do not regret quickly taking action when it came to putting together my team, especially as they have been absolutely amazing to work with this entire time. And I do believe that we will be happy to work with each other again in the future once this project has been completed.

I wish I had been a little more involved during the final stages of this project, I especially felt awful leaving most of the editting to one of my teammates. But then again, I just feel the need to be involved in almost everything, despite how it makes sense for each of us to focus more on our own tasks.

From the very beginning, I had immediately wanted to incoporate our interests into this project, and that was a silly, fun, back to basics and overall entertaining 2D animation that catered to a younger audience. And based on the fact that a majority of the animated documentaries we have seen after of a rather depressing nature, this felt like the perfect opportunity to work on something that was not just educational, but also fun and lighthearted.

It is always said that our works should invoke our audience in some way or form, to make them think about what they have just seen, and true be told, it always seemed to me that only shocking, depressing or disturbing works are used to create such a response out of the audience... But I also believed that, in this day and age, that more works should be created for people that simply want to come back to watch something that would entertain them, but will simply make them feel good, perhaps even comforted, especially after a long tiring day from school or work. It is understandable to make people think about certain subject matters, but I think it is just as important to make the people in the world feel entertained and contented to forget about their own troubles, if not for a brief moment.

I was glad that my team and I could work on something that was meant for a younger audience, something that could perhaps entertain them as much as cartoons from the 80s and 90s did for me. I still hope to work on similar animations in the future, and hopefully my old teammates will be willing to join me when I do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment