Thursday 7 May 2015

Food for Thought - Contribution to Another Project

After watching Grace, Alex and David present their project (An Eat Healthy stop motion short to be precise) during the last critique session, I ever so casually mentioned that it would have been incredibly fun to give my own shot at singing the cute parody song that Grace had written for the animation. Thanks to Alex, I was then given that opportunity as we rerecorded "Eat Us Up" (A parody of "Wake Me Up Before You Go Go!" by Wham!) just last tuesday, this was my first time actually recording something at the college's recording studio, and I was thankful that no one had booked it that day.

In the end, it was a surprisingly fun experience recording the song with David, we laughed a lot due to my constant goof ups (Demon mouth anyone?), so the lyrics had to be altered a tiny bit here and there so that it would go along with the music better. I did give a few tiny suggestions too, seeing as there was a really, really awkward cut off in the music (I believe this instrumental version might actually have been composed by them!) in hopes of hiding those really odd errors.

I absolutely would love to do more voice works for others in the future! And I am just glad they gave me the chance to sing for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment