Thursday 14 May 2015

Food for Thought - Distribution - A Mixture of Things 4

I volunteered to draw up some new portraits for the crew biography, and once again, as there wasn't much time left and I still needed to continue animating after, I had to scrap the pixel portrait idea (And scrap the idea of even fully colouring them) and instead did these really quick sketches for each of us (As you can see I sort of gave up on my own portrait). But anyway these work better than the original doodle I did at the very beginning of this team up, seeing that all of us are sort of facing forward this time round.


Last night, Cara and Anna started working on our promotional items, seen here are the poster concepts, which I initially mistook for the DVD cover. As mentioned before, those textured backgrounds I had quickly painted up for the title cards can also be applied here. So while it appears that it looks like there is a lot of negative space now, particularly on Johnny's side, it will look fine once some textures are applied (Just call me the Texture Queen...).


And here is the gorgeous DVD cover Cara did, I was admiring it for far too long last night when she had sent it over to me for my opinion... While black might be a tiny bit dull for the text, I believe it remains the best choice for the sake of readability and clarity. Other than that, all she will have to do later on is simply replace some of the images on the backside of the cover, and we all should be able to print them out by tomorrow for our submission!
And here is the crew biography page, we decided to add silly descriptions below our names and roles to go with the overall silly and playful tone we already have for our overall project. Seeing that we all practically played key roles, I believe none of us specifically took on the role of the director, and so that role was not listed for any of us.



Later on, I will be putting together a little concept art booklet where most of our developmental work will be featured in, which would go great along with all the other promotional items for our animation.

No comments:

Post a Comment