Thursday 14 May 2015

Food for Thought - Production - A Mixture of Things 2

About two days back, Cara started working on more polished up title cards to replace the ones that I had quickly done up for the final critique session. I was fine with the layout and adored the colour choices and adorable illustrations, but I felt that one thing was missing...



When I suggested that textures of sorts could help make these title cards stand out a little more, Cara said that she would need my assistance in that area (Seeing that she does not have as much experience in creating messy works as me), and so, quickly as possible, I messed around with a few brushes within my arsenal and created this textured background and a pink version of it.


 

With some alterations that Cara did (By making the colours a little less dark and saturated), I honestly thought that it looked better now, especially since it matches the rest of the animation! I was also actually thinking of using the same background for a later scene that showcases all the beautiful cakes, so that it actually links to these title cards.


In the end, we decided to go with the pink one, we might however use the blue background for one of the animation scenes later on.


Anna stepped in to polish it up a bit more.
For a close up scene, Cara did up these adorable gingerbread man illustrations, while I once again suggested giving them a painted look (Much like those detailed still/close up shots you see in shows such as Ren and Stimpy and Spongebob Squarepants), Cara once again was unfamiliar in using such a style, and seeing as we didn't have much time left, decided to leave it as it is for our module submission.


I did however quickly do up a table texture that will be use for the icing scene later on as Cara ever so sweetly asked me to (Seriously though, Cara is the biggest sweetheart to work with, and I'm still giggling over the fact how we both constantly apologise to one another as we worked).

No comments:

Post a Comment