Thursday 14 May 2015

Food for Thought - Production Process

What I have learnt from most recent visiting professionals is just how incredibly important communication is when working alongside others so that works can be produced a little more efficiently. That, and just how much research is required even before the design process commences.

For the majority of this module, I have tried organise our workload to the best of my ability and to make sure that I was able to stay in contact with my teammates no matter where we were (So that I could keep check on their progress and to make sure that they were not too stressed out). While things have definitely changed and did not go at all according to plan, I felt that drafting up a rough gantt chart for our group after the first pitch gave us a little more guidance in finishing up what needed to be done, instead of blindly working on whatever came to mind first, if this was so, chances are that we might have finished as much work as we have been able to now.

As they worked on storyboards and character sheets during the earlier part of our Easter break, in the meantime, aside from my own design works (Which was backgrounds at the time), I made sure to complete the preparations for some of the behind the scenes aspects of the animation, particularly the audio and music, so that we needn't worry about it later on (I try my absolute hardest to remain efficient and to not get things done at the very last minute, especially when working with others).

Throughout this experience, I felt that all three of us have been incredibly understanding, courteous and accommodating of one another, while also making sure that we would actually listen to one another's opinions when it came to working on the animation itself. While it might appear that I have merely chosen my teammates due to our chemistry with one another, from the beginning, I chose them based on their skills and due to the fact that we shared incredibly similar interests.

Due to the lack of time, there was only so much that we could do when it came to the animation, but considering the fact that we were all working back in our own accommodations and communicating with each other mainly through Dropbox and Facebook for these last few days, I still felt that we managed to do an awful lot.

If we had been given enough time, I felt that my team and I could really dish out something amazing... not that what we presently have isn't already lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment