Monday 7 October 2013

Flip Books

It has been so long since I did a flip book (About three years I believe?), and so it was obvious how incredibly rusty I was when we did a couple of basic flip book exercises today during class, nonetheless it was fun (Aside from the annoying migraine that attacked me out of nowhere late in the afternoon), it honestly required quite a bit of patience, especially when drawing each frame consistently, even if it is just of a ball.

I had to admire my classmates for being able to draw other considerably more complicated animations aside from the ones given in the exercise brief, though I suppose I will have the chance after this to try a few more different animations of my own thanks to the extra flip books our lecturer provided us with.

Two principles of Animation needed to be applied to these tasks, that being Squash and Stretch and Timing and Spacing, and with just two principles, gosh did I still find it so darn tricky. But as it has been said many times, I just need to keep practicing, I need to stay disciplined and keep it up (And maybe improve on my eyesight somehow).


Again I repeat, constant practice, patience and discipline, this flip book animation gave off an amazingly well done 3D effect with the subject staying in uniform shape throughout.

No comments:

Post a Comment