Thursday 24 October 2013

Set, Series, Sequence - The Beginning

This week's Visual Language class involved a considerably rigorous drawing exercise, which is a good change of pace from all the writing tasks that have been thrown at us over the past few weeks (Though then again I am still writing about drawing right now aren't I?). Right at the very start, we were made to draw at least 32 representations of a word randomly handed to us by our lecturer, and oh was I ever so fortunate enough to be given a word that I was not entirely familiar with, and no, just a heads up, this exercise does not stop at 32 drawings, but I will get to that part in the next VL blog post.

However, even though you are all probably hearing a whiny voice writing all of this out, I honestly find this to be a really good exercise, one that allows me to draw out larger amounts ideas in a shorter period of time, and it is not like we weren't allowed to do some research on the word… I am still presently researching into alternative meanings, slang and wordplays on my given word, but from what I could find so far, I believe that I have no need to worry about not being able to fill up the 32 spaces on the large piece of paper that is now sitting right next to me, besides, I am already more than halfway there!

A challenge is always good, it also allows you to break out from your comfort area and just try new things, you can't always be handed everything on a silver platter.

No comments:

Post a Comment