Wednesday 23 October 2013

Pixilation Study Task - Shooting Day















Due to time constraints and the fact that it keeps raining nearly every single day here, I decided to just make some changes (Again) to the storyboard and get the pixilation done indoors. Aside from the change in setting, so not to kill my buddies (Bless them for their patience throughout this whole process) during the shooting, a lot of scenes were simplified, changed or completely cut out, and frankly I think the end result is still pretty neat, especially with our limited resources.


















We headed straight to my accommodation after class yesterday morning, and spent roughly an hour clearing up the area, setting up the camera, and making several versions of one prop (So much wire and tape...), we also quickly ran through the storyboard and discussed on what needed to be changed, as well as decide who should take what role during the shooting (Actress, camera person, prop person, etc.), in the end we all decided to just swap roles whenever necessary.

In the end it took about 3 more hours to shoot, and I was just the worst director ever, most of the time I was making unnecessary sound effects instead of giving them clear directions on what they should do for the next scene (I. CAN'T. ARTICULATE. WELL).


The prop was also a major pain in the tookus to pose, but we figured, if it appeared sentient enough in the video, then we supposed it did not matter if its poses were not the same to the storyboard's.
















There was so much laughter during this process, that I even had to go hide in the kitchen for awhile so that we could actually properly finish one scene, I can imagine how incredibly difficult it was for my friends to act reasonably angry and terrified. I think we did pretty well in keeping most of the setting unchanged, especially since we kept throwing wires and tape about by accident when altering the prop.

And as a way to thank my friends for helping me out after all of that, I gave them each a packet of cookies and a glass of milk at the end of all that before seeing them off.


I had to waste a bit of time later that night renumbering the files, what does annoy me about Mac is the lack of a feature that is able to mass-rename files, especially since PC has that feature, I wounded up giving up searching for a solution (And I wasted most of my morning doing so) and did it the old fashioned way by numbering them one by one, especially since all the methods available were complicated and were a bigger waste of time to me, I might look into it a bit more though when I have the time.


Overall, despite it being a tad tiring, shooting for a pixilation animation was a fun and silly experience, though just be sure to have enough buddies to help you with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment