Wednesday 16 October 2013

Pixilation Study Task - Storyboard and Planning



It was tough picking out one but in the end (You can see I am terrible at making up my mind since I had to draw a storyboard for another idea too before actually deciding), I decided to choose the Host-Parasite relationship for my pixilation animation.

While parasites are normally disgusting in appearance, I decided to go with a prop that represents it more in movements akin to that of parasites that would normally dwell inside it's host's body such as worms, the human subject in the short will also represent the immunity system and how easily it will go down once a parasite comes into the picture (Though, parasites do have various effects on the human's immunity system, not all of them being bad, just wanted to point that out).

Parasites do not normally control the host, but obviously as it benefits itself at the expense of the host, the host will be considerably weakened, and sometimes killed. I honestly could have gone for a more metaphorical portrayal of the relationship, but I actually find the huge variety of parasite types most intriguing, also I thought it would not hurt to throw in a few zombie and alien references in.

While the storyboard appears quite lengthy, the extra frames are drawn to shown make the planned shooting less confusing for my friends when we are helping each other with our shorts, and if it does go  over the frame limit, I am sure I can cut out a few scenes or make them faster.

Anyway, wish me luck for the shooting!

No comments:

Post a Comment