Thursday 31 October 2013

Set, Series, Sequence - Stage 1 (Set)


This was Conceptual Illustration all over again for me in all honesty, though I suppose it's not as bad this time round. I had a strangely tough time finding any interesting alternative meanings, puns or slangs for cars (So my initial plan went quickly down the drain…), so instead I thought about the following while drawing out my set:

1. Types of cars
2. Other vehicles(Eg, Bus)
3. Other things that have wheels or motors in them (Eg, Bumper cars)
4. Other modes of transport (Eg, Bicycles, Carriages, Horses, etc.)
5. Different mediums and techniques (Eg, Ink, Collage, Watercolors, Color Pencils, Typography, pencils, highlighters, etc.)
6. Events associated with vehicles (Eg, Accidents, Racing, Traffic, etc.)
7. Other things associated with vehicles (Eg, Speed, Distance, Dogs, Noise, etc.)
8. Words associating with words associating with vehicles

It was my fault for rushing to get at least 32 drawings done, when I should have thought deeper about the meaning behind the word I was given, thankfully though I was still able to show that I could dish out more interesting stuff to show my lecturer during class time today instead of practically drawing the same thing in different shapes and colors... and so I am moving onto the next stage!

Next up, a series of 8 drawings from one of the 40+ drawing I did this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment