Thursday 3 October 2013

Storyboard Progress 1


I should have posted this awhile back, here's the first progress for my storyboard assignment, really rough ink sketches of the nursery rhyme Ring a Ring o' Roses, the horror version. (Also, I am going for the "Ashes! Ashes!" version even though I have recently learnt what "A-tishoo!" had meant)

Aside from giving this nursery rhyme a dark twist 'just for kicks', the nursery rhyme frankly already had a dark origin of its own when it was first created, many have said it actually describes the black plague that had taken over England in 1665, though then again folklorists rejected the idea.

Unfortunately I got so caught up in my other studio assignment yesterday that I have yet to start on properly drawing in the panels, though I did take a little time to reposition and tape everything together for easier viewing in my sketchbook.

Well, thankfully I still have one whole weekend, so more progress and research to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment