Friday 27 February 2015

Food for Thought - Pre Production - Pitch Time and Critique

Our pitch today was pretty well received, and I think everyone enjoyed what they saw, despite how tongue tied I was, Anna and Cara saved me once again when it came to explaining our concept. We have also gotten some helpful feedback as usual.

Aside from finishing up the remaining design concepts and finally commencing with the animation itself, we will have to double check on whether the backgrounds and characters will go well together, as mentioned by Mat, they are both done in such a different style (With the characters being flatly coloured with strong outlines, while the backgrounds have a painted look to them) that they will clash more than nicely contrast to one another. Though I am sure that we will be able to solve this issue in a timely manner.

The gifs did not work for some reason when I downloaded the presentation off Google Docs (And so I ended up showing the animation tests through my blog instead), I will have to investigate into this later on... seeing that pptx is the only possible format that will allow gifs to work. I'm so disappointed especially when Cara and I were so excited about showing the ending slide to everyone!

Anyway, I better get started on that Gantt chart, though I could really use a little break after this... it has been an insane week for all of us.

Next Course of Action:

  1. Gantt Chart
  2. Edit Duration of Overall Animation
  3. Find voice actor for Cake Stand man
  4. Experimentation with Characters and BG
  5. Design Title Cards for Opening and Ending
  6. Confirmation of Characters and Cart Design and Colours
  7. Start on other Setting Designs
  8. Animate

No comments:

Post a Comment