Tuesday 10 February 2015

WWF - Moodboards

I started putting together a series of lovely animations and illustrations that we could refer to for our visual moodboard, aside from the examples I listed in the mindmap in the previous blog post, I was able to find other wonderful works to add in alongside them while gathering the images (When looking through my PPP blog and when looking up articles on cut out animations).

Most of these animation examples are either cut out animations or just a huge mixture of things. There are a few 2D examples that were put in there, as I thought that the art style used for most of them are unique and/or appealing. I do believe we are not going to use a particularly harsh tone for our animation, especially when looking through these examples we decided to use as our main source of inspiration. While we can still take a serious direction, we will try to avoid shocking or disturbing our audience in any way (Because that would just be too easy wouldn't it?). But who knows, things might change at the last minute (Hopefully not).

Visual Moodboard

Environmental Moodboard

While the WWF report will most definitely be one of our primary sources of research, I thought that it wouldn't hurt to add  in a few award-winning documentaries as part of our research. As well as some animations like "Ferngully", "Princess Mononoke" and "Wall-E" of course, and some songs to get us in the mood (... wait). Speaking of that, I'm going to drive myself nuts trying to identify a song that was used for a channel commercial... AND what channel it was in the first place (I swear it was Animal Planet, but so far, no luck).

No comments:

Post a Comment