Tuesday 10 February 2015

Food for Thought - Pre Production - Social Media

It has been wonderful seeing how enthusiastic my group mates have been about this project. Since our first discussion last friday, they have already gathered so much gorgeous references and inspiration for this project and posting it up on a Pinterest board for all of us to see (I will need to do my own little moodboards too after this).



Aside from creating a Facebook group, my group mates suggested that we should create a few other blogs on other sites to communicate through and post progress reports, research and development work. 

And so taking up on their request, I decided to at least create a Tumblr blog, where we could post our development work for all to see. I pretty much just used all our initials when deciding on a name for our url (Because "Nerdlords of Love, Justice and Honor" just worked a lot better as a header or sub header). And so without further ado, I present to you, our Tumblr blog.

I hope they don't get sick of this image too soon.

I wasn't sure if this was a recent change, but apparently you can now promote invited members to be admins on a side blog, something I thought was not possible earlier back when my friend and I started an audio blog (I probably should tell her about this...). But yes, with all of us as admins, any of us can edit the blog's layout, and read all messages received.

Mobile version.
In the meantime, this is my decorating work for both the normal and mobile versions of the blog's layout. I might tinker with the mobile one a little more later on, but until then, I think it will do. I do despise the mobile mode for Tumblr, as they tend to remove most of your HTML codes if you aren't careful, or remove most of what you wrote in the introduction page (Something I still can't figure out), which will also affect the normal layout of your blog when you view it on your computer or laptop later on!

Numerous times, I found myself having to readd my information back in... though this time, I decided to just disable the viewing of the introduction page for this blog, along with the rest of my personal blogs.

Anyway, as for the normal layout, I decided to use a cute template to go with our project topic (That subject being about sweet, sweet desserts). Links to all our personal blogs (As well as our Pinterest group) were also added at the bottom for easier navigation.

I do believe that my teammates also desire to open up a Behance account for this project, but I will leave that up to them, as I am not all that familiar in using it yet (So teach me more about it if you can, guys!).

No comments:

Post a Comment