Thursday 26 February 2015

Food for Thought - Pre Production - Animation Tests

I managed to do up a few simply animation tests for Johnny and Cake Stand Man, just to show a little bit more of the personalities as well as how the character animation style will mainly be for them (As mentioned before, they will be animated in a more fluid manner, while After Effects will be used for the animation of objects and backgrounds).

The first one was done about a week back, I was asked whether I could do a cleaner piece, and so I decided to switch to a pencil look instead (Especially after looking up professional examples done by such well known studios as Disney and Dreamworks). Johnny will still have his glasses, but right now, I just decided to exclude it to give a better view of his eyes.


Cake Stand Man has already proven himself to be incredibly fun to animate, and I suppose this is all thanks to how well Anna had designed him (I seriously, seriously love his design!). The second gif shows extra movement in his left arm as he strokes his chin, seeing that the hand lowers itself with each stroke.


A lot more work could be done with this one, Cake Stand Man's movements are definitely still too stiff (Though I did refer to Ace Attorney sprites when sketching this out), and so I will look up better references later on... though I don't think there are any scenes in the script where he's actually laughing (Utterly enthusiastic, yes, but no, no laughing, because that bit got cut out).

No comments:

Post a Comment