Thursday 12 February 2015

Food for Thought - Pre Production - Moodboards 2

Whew, so here are two more mood boards I just managed to finish, I started on these a little later than I wanted to (Was a little too focused on other things), but hey, I think I just have about 2-4 more to go!

Aside from obvious references like "Wreck-It Ralph's" Sugar Rush world (And "Adventure Time's" Candy Kingdom, which I'm sure either Cara or Anna must have mentioned in their own research by now), I tried looking into slightly lesser known examples to add alongside them. And humorously enough, I have to thank those little food-themed articles sites certain blogs and sites enjoy posting up for being able to find such examples as you will see below. 

While it's not on par with Studio Ghibli's own food animations, these examples of various sweet things such as candy, cakes and pies are pretty gorgeous to look at.

Works from Disney and Pixar

Works from Nekoshowgun (Lollipop Chainsaw Concept Artist),
Mononoke and Wataru Uekasu

While perhaps not the most suitable style to use on a project focusing on european desserts, I thought that the colours and textures used in these Japanese examples are just unbelievable, the palettes are just so unique and dynamic, and I feel that it would be pretty difficult for the audience to forget about them for awhile once they have seen them. 

And so if we were able to look further into how these colours are effectively used and apply them to our own project, it will surely make our work stand out even further!

No comments:

Post a Comment