Thursday 12 February 2015

Responsive Session 8

Anna was able to correct me on what it was that the WWF report was actually focusing on. The WWF report does not necessarily focus on endangered animals , but more so on the state of the planet, from 1970s to 2010. With the wildlife population vastly declining since the 1970s, we are living as though we have more than one planet at our disposal (I mean come on, Mars isn't ready for us yet!)

She will be writing up a better summary later on, and I will post up a link to it once it is up. I am actually glad that I was able to gather references that actually did focus more on that topic that what we initially thought it was about (Saving endangered animal species... I blame the panda logo), I do believe the documentaries that I listed down relate to this issue, such as "Last Hours", "Planet Earth" and "Trashed".

I suppose the only major change we will make to our project is how we will approach it. Anna already made a mention of mixing together real objects and basic paper cut outs, we might have to do a little less design work then, but it will still be stop motion all the same (And chances are this one will require someone to narrate throughout). 

Several examples have already come to mind (Such as the Overfishing info graphic and Michael Pollan's "Food Rules"), and so I will put them up in another blog post.

We decided to divide up our tasks during next week's studio development week, while we will mostly discuss any matters online, I will be ready to meet with her in person if it comes to that (Though I don't think that will be necessary until we actually start animating).

Anna:
  • Brief analysis
  • Report summarising
Me:
  • More mood boards
  • Create more mindmaps for revised information
Together:
  • Storyboards
  • Concept ideas
  • All of that in 2-3 pitch boards before the next Responsive session

No comments:

Post a Comment