Monday 16 February 2015

Food for Thought - Pre Production - Moodboards 4

Praise the lord, I think this is finally the last of my mood boards! And so I can finally move onto other things after this.

Works from Wislo and Victoria Ying

This board focuses on the usage of colours, and the talented Wislo has always been one of my biggest inspirations when it came to her cartoony art style and amazing colour palettes. While I have seen many artists begin to use a considerably similar art style to their works, there was always something extremely contemporary and original about her works. And then there's her usage of saturated colours which just works so well.

Victoria Ying also did some gorgeous colour doodles for the weekly colour challenge, while some were a tad dark (Particularly the green and indigo ones), most of them are absolutely gorgeous and are done in a simplistic style that should appeal to most ages.

CAKES

And finally, just a bunch of beautiful cakes I quickly put together to inspire as all (Though I should have probably put this board at the very beginning, though then again, we hadn't narrowed it down to cakes at the time...). There is certainly a lot of pink (Though ironically the rainbow ones don't have pink in them) and brown (And white), so I was really hoping to get other colour examples in there. These aren't any particularly cakes (Especially not the ones we have chosen), I just gathered these ones for the visual appeal and hope that they will further inspire our concept artist Annie to dish out more gorgeous cake illustrations.

No comments:

Post a Comment