Monday 2 February 2015

Competition Brief - Macmillan Children's Books - Sketches

I was a lot more focused on Alice's design and the overall art style that I would use for the illustrations than I was for anything else, while making sure that her recognisable features would be included (Such as her blue dress and blonde hair), I decided to take the opportunity to add in other little details as well to her overall look, such as tweaking her hair style as well as the details on her dress, needless to say I had the most fun when it came to working on the fashion concepts.

As for layout sketches, I quickly read through the book sample provided by the brief (Sadly they don't seem to sell digital copies on their site, otherwise I would have probably purchased one, at this point in time I am really just trying to avoid buying too many bulky things while I here, it would also be a waste especially since I already have this book back at home) and listed down scenes that seemed interesting enough to illustrate.

I still did really want to avoid illustrating typical scenes such as the Rabbit Hole and Tea Party scenes (Though then again the latter was only shown much later in the book) that have been done to death, and so I was actually more keen on illustrating more normal scenes, or ones that signified "The Calm Before the Storm".




No comments:

Post a Comment