Friday 20 February 2015

WWF - More Examples

While After Effects is definitely one of the best software to use when designing animated infographics, I tried looking into other examples where other methods are used:


A cute little toy stop motion piece, I suppose it just depends what we have in our own arsenal. Because I seriously doubt that either of us have any legos or tiny dolls to reenact anything, nor we will want to borrow any from anyone. Still it's a really interesting idea to consider, and again bears similar principles to the "Food Rules" one where real objects are used. No voice over is needed either, with only a few captions added in.


Another awesome object stop motion piece (ABOUT PIZZA NO LESS), this makes me think of those fruit stop motion shorts that I use to watch as a child, albeit a tad simpler. There is just something so appealing about seeing fresh looking food being used properly in an animation... also extra points if they don't actually waste that food afterwards.

Once again, we should probably consider whether we will really need anyone to narrate or whether it will be enough just to show it all through visuals alone.



This is pretty much like any other infographic, where data is slowly presented as if it is being written out by someone right then, save for the fact that it is presented on a photo background ("Gumball" anyone?) with the data placed over it with the use of some digital software (Again, probably After Effects, or even Premiere).


We were initially keen on including some paper cut out stop motion into our own animation, and I still think that it's not that bad an idea. Despite how simple this looks, I honestly love the overall look of this little short, there is no need for complicated backgrounds (Heck, we could green screen it if we wanted to!) or overly detailed paper cut outs. And once again, it is one of the least stressful methods of animation, especially when working on a considerably lengthy animation, and if done right, I am sure that people will find it unique and appealing.


Again After Effects can create an effect similar to cut out stop motion, and seeing that we recently learnt how to use the puppet tool, this would be a good opportunity to familiarise ourself further with this incredibly helpful piece of software. Should we find ourselves running out of the time, we can probably just throw everything into After Effects (I know, I know, I'm sort of contradicting myself, especially considering what I wrote in the beginning).

No comments:

Post a Comment